Caring about the planet has become a little bit cool. I'm trying to implement as many of these as I can - it's difficult but it's also better for everyone in the long run.
- Go paperless as far as you can. Take a month, or just however long it takes - any time you get a letter write the company down. Then give yourself an hour to sit down and change all of your accounts so that you receive statements or information by email rather than in the post. It might be something which you're actively subscribed to and that you want to have, but most banks and credit cards can very easily be changed to paperless. Some people might 'prefer looking at things on paper than on a screen' which in some cases is a valid argument, but I would ask how often you actually look through your bank statements. I know I don't.
- Recycle from your bedroom. I don't know if it's just me, but I'm wonderful at recycling in the kitchen, but If I'm throwing something away in my bedroom, I'm far less likely to recycle it. I don't know practically how do this other than by having 2 bins and when space costs about £248025078 for a room in London I'm not sure that's a viable option for everyone but, you catch my drift.
- Buy only what you really need. If you think I've gone crazy - you're probably right, but read this.
- Take bags out with you. 5p might not seem like a lot, but I promise it adds up - and it's better for the environment.
- Buy a water bottle rather than buying water bottles over and over from supermarkets. There's been a huge crackdown recently on how much plastic every year is used on plastic water bottles and obviously there are is a huge problem in that where do you even refill a reusable bottle, but it's easier than you'd think. I have a Camelbak and I honestly love it, and their customer service is 10/10.
- Stop using straws. All Bar One are scrapping them and we probably all should - they're fun, but highly unnecessary.
- Reuse packaging which is sent to you, to send more packages out, rather than buying new packaging.
Do you have any to add? Let me know, I'd love to get even better at this.